Wheelchair Ramp Information
Wheelchair ramps come in a variety of sizes types and styles. They can be portable units that are available from most wheelchair vendors or they can be permanently installed ramps built by a building contractor.
Our ramp section has information on the different types of ramps and some basic guidelines for constructing a permanent wheelchair ramp.
Wheelchair Ramp Fact Sheets
- Choosing a Ramp
- Level Entry Systems
- Thresholds on Sliding Glass Doors
- Portable Ramps
- Ramp Standards
- Ramp Types
Wheelchair Ramp Slope Information
Wheelchair Ramp Types
- Threshold Ramps - for crossing doorway thresholds and low curbs.
- Suitcase Ramps - bi-fold ramps for low rises and higher curbs.
- Multi-fold Ramps - tri-fold ramps for high curbs, one or two steps and low van floors.
- Solid Ramps - non-folding wheelchair ramp generally used similarly to suitcase ramps but less portable.
- Track Ramps - two telescoping channels to roll 4 wheeled mobility devices into or out of vans.
- Modular Ramps - semi-permanent ramps that can be assembled into almost any length needed.
- Vehicle Ramps - ramps that are designed specifically for vehicles.