Quebec Funding Sources
This program provides financial assistance for people with disabilities to cover some of the cost of adapting and making their homes accessible.
All people with disabilities, whose limitations affect their daily activities, are eligible for the program regardless of their income.
- To help people with disabilities pay for the cost of work needed to adapt their homes and make them accessible.
- To increase the autonomy of people with disabilities.
- To help people with disabilities remain in their homes.
Amount of financial assistance
Depending on the type of household, the grant may vary between $4,000 and $16,000:
- Owner household: grant of up to $16,000.00
- Tenant household: grant of up to $8,000.00
- Boarder household: grant of up to $4,000.
Management of the program
The Société d'habitation du Québec manages the program in collaboration with its agents, namely the regional county municipalities and some individual municipalities.
Sharing of costs
- The program is funded by the Société d'habitation du Québec.
- The Société d'habitation du Québec and the Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation share the cost of home adaptations for low-income disabled individuals.
The program covers the whole of Québec, except for Indian reserves.
Determination of eligible work
The Société d'habitation du Québec determines what work is eligible based on a report from an occupational therapist.
For More Funding Options Visit: Canadian Funding